Honestly my whole house is just a modge podge of random furniture So we kept the theme going in our master bed room. Our side tables use to be part of a vanity that some one ripped apart. My mom bought them like ten years ago for my room, I used them for awhile and they have been in her storage for the last five or six years till she cleaned out her storage and gave them back to me. They were in a bit of rough shape so we gave them a quick sand and a coat of spray paint (Brown Espresso Satin, Rustoleum) and sprayed the pulls (Oil Rubbed Bronze, Rustoleum).
I kept thinking the room needed more so I searched Pinterest and found a stencil I liked. This one. Thought I could whip it out in a week and got to work. Two months later I finally finished, not that it actually took two months but because I got super lazy and didn't work on it till I planned on having friends over and was embarrassed I hadn't finished it yet.
The next thing I needed was a head board. I really didn't want to spend a lot of money on a head board that had no real purpose other than visual aesthetics. So I made a mental note in my head to think of a cheap idea. I found a pin on Pinterest where they nailed stained wood on the the wall as a head board and it suddenly clicked. I have boxes of laminate flooring in my garage that I could use for a head board. My husband and I put our heads together and came up with the perfect idea.
We measured how long the area was we wanted to put our head board. We decided to do from plug in to plug in. Measured the boards, put the pieces we wanted together and used liquid nails to put it the wall.
We just used the tools we used to put our flooring down. It pretty much works the same way except your putting it on a wall with glue on the back.
We started but only doing one row at a time and letting it dry a bit but thought it would work better to go quicker. We plan on buying some trim to put around it just to make it look more finished. Which I will update when we get that done.
![]() |
Unfinished edge :(
|
We plan on buying a bigger bed this winter some time so I haven't invested in new bedding and we're just making do with what we have. All the bedding here except the quilt at the foot is from Target including the curtains. Yes I also know I need to center the mirror above the bed but my daughter was sleeping and I didn't want to wake her up. Speaking of that mirror I also made it. It was pretty simple two pieces of poster board and the mirror I got from a yard sale this summer.
Shall we total:
We had already paid fore the laminate flooring and had way too much extra so actually using it kinda saves us money by using it. We got a good deal and payed $.99 per square foot and our head board is 4x6 so its about $24 of laminate.
Liquid nails: 2.89 @ TrueValue
We plan to buy trim and I'm not totally sure what the price will be yet.
We used extra floor trim to paint the wall and I used a very minimal amount.
for my mirror the poster board was two for a dollar at the dollar tree and the mirror was 75 cents at a yard sale.
A complete room make over for very cheap by shopping my own garage.









No comments:
Post a Comment